Birdseed Food Co. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Cashews in Craft Granola Goldenola Turmeric & Ginger
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Fri Feb 8, 2019 9:02PM
Birdseed Food CO. of Bend, OR is recalling Craft Granola Goldenola Turmeric & Ginger that was sold between the dates of 10/03/18 - 02/07/19, because it contains undeclared cashews. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to cashews run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
Craft Granola Goldenola Turmeric & Ginger was distributed in CA, CT, MD, NY, OR and PA at retail stores (https://www.birdseedfoodco.com/pages/where-to-find) as well as sold online through https://www.birdseedfoodco.com/collections/all, https://getintothebubble.com/, and https://www.farmtopeople.com/
The product can be identified as the yellow bag, net weight 11oz and 3oz, packaging with all expiration dates and includues up to 061419.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem as of 02/07/19.
The mislabeling of the product happened upon attaining new packaging in October 2018 and the firm became aware of the issue via customer email. Moving forward the cashew ingredient will be removed from recipe.
Consumers who are allergic to cashews urged not to consume product. If a consumer would like their product replaced or if in need of any further information, please contact Ashley at 541-788-6352.
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint
- Hercules Candy LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Cashew Brittle Bits
- Caito Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Cut Melon Product Because of Possible Health Risk