Dell Recalls Hybrid Power Adapters Sold with Power Banks Due to Shock Hazard
Source: Consumer Recalls (CPCSC)
Wed Feb 6, 2019 12:00AM
This recall involves Dell hybrid power adapters sold with power banks. The adapter is designed to be disconnected from the power bank via release tabs. The recalled adapters were manufactured from January 2017 through March 2017 and can be used separately from the power bank while connected to a power outlet. The adapter is black and darker in color than the power bank with a Dell logo on the back label. The adapters have the following manufacture code –“CN-05G53P - LOC00 – XXX – XXXX – AXX” printed on the back of the unit, where “X” represents a numerical value. A full listing of the recalled adapter manufacture codes included in the recall are listed on www.dellproduct.com .
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled hybrid power adapters and contact Dell for instructions on receiving a free replacement adapter.
Dell has received 11 reports of the hybrid power adapter breaking and exposing the internal components. No injuries have been reported.
Dell.com, Amazon.com, Microcenter.com, and other electronic online retailers nationwide from February 2017 through August 2018 for between $125 and $200.
Lite-On Technology Corporation of Taipei, Taiwan
Dell Inc. of Round Rock, Texas
Dell Inc. of Round Rock, TexasReport an Incident Involving this Product
- SRAM Recalls Bicycle Gear Hubs Due to Crash and Injury Hazards
- Shearwater Recalls Diving Transmitters Due to Drowning Hazard
- Crate and Barrel Recalls Holiday Milk Bottles Due To Laceration Hazard
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Recalls Turkey Fryer Due to Fire Hazard
- CVB Recalls LUCID Folding Mattress-Sofas Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard
- PurpleAir Recalls Power Supply Units for Air Sensors Due to Fire and Burn Hazards