Country Flavor Inc Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites In "Best Taste Brand Dried Bamboo Shoot"
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:04AM
Country Favor Inc. of Maspeth, New York is recalling its 12 ounce packages of "Best Taste Brand DRIED BAMBOO SHOOT" food treats because they contained undeclared sulfites. Consumers who have severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume this product.
The recalled "Best Taste Brand DRIED BAMBOO SHOOT" were distributed nationwide in retail stores. The product comes in a 12 ounce, un-coded flexible plastic package.
No illnesses or allergic reactions involving this product have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after routine sampling by New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Food Inspectors and subsequent analysis by Food Laboratory personnel revealed the presence of sulfites in the 12 ounce package of "Best Taste Brand DRIED BAMBOO SHOOT" which were not declared on the label. The consumption of 10 milligrams of sulfites per serving has been reported to elicit severe reactions in some asthmatics. Anaphylactic shock could occur in certain sulfite sensitive individuals upon ingesting 10 milligrams or more of sulfites. !nalysis of the "Best Taste Brand Snack Ginger Sliced" revealed they contained 75 milligrams per serving.
Consumers who have purchased 12 ounce packages of "Best Taste Brand DRIED B!MBOO SHOOT" are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the Company at 718-418-9400.
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint
- Hercules Candy LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Cashew Brittle Bits
- Caito Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Cut Melon Product Because of Possible Health Risk