Sugarfina, Inc. Issues Allergen Labeling Alert for Undeclared Eggs in Sugar Cookies Product
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Fri May 11, 2018 9:02PM
Sugarfina, Inc. is recalling its Sugar Cookies product because the label does not declare that this product contains egg. People who have allergies or severe sensitivities to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
Sugar Cookies were sold in Sugarfina, Inc. retail stores throughout the U.S., and select Nordstrom department stores in Oregon, Arizona, California, Texas, Illinois,Washington, and other boutique retail stores. The miniature, white-chocolate coated cookies were most commonly sold in a clear lucite cube that held approximately 3.5 ounces (UPC: 840278113725 | SKU #K1175), or sold in a blue plastic bag that contains approximately 2.5 lbs (UPC: 840278122123| SKU #K1016), and in a clear plastic bag that contains approximately 0.8 oz. (UPC: 840278109414 | SKU #K0521).
No illnesses or adverse reactions have been reported to date. Sugarfina decided to initiate the voluntary recall of all lots shortly after an internal label review identified that the labeling statement did not identify eggs. The product is otherwise safe to consume.
Sugarfina takes the safety and integrity of the products it sells seriously. If customers have product affected by this voluntary recall, they should discard it immediately or return it to their local store for a full refund, or contact their sales representative.
Costumers with questions may contact the company at 1-855-784-2734 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST Monday to Thursday and 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST on Friday.
Sugarfina sincerely regrets any inconvenience and concern this voluntary recall may cause.
- Del Monte Foods Announces Limited Recall of Canned Fiesta Corn Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers Due to Under Processing
- Moonstruck Chocolate Co. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Hazelnuts In 4 Oz. Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate
- Inspired Organics Issues Voluntary Recall of Organic Sunflower Butter Due to Potential Health Risk
- The J.M. Smucker Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Specific Lots of 9Lives(R) Protein Plus(R) Wet, Canned Cat Food Due to Low Levels of Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
- Fine Land Corp Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Meiqili Durian Candy"
- Accra Super Market Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In 'Suya Barbecue Seasoning'