Sugarfina, Inc. Issues Allergen Labeling Alert for Undeclared Eggs in Sugar Cookies Product
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Fri May 11, 2018 9:02PM
Sugarfina, Inc. is recalling its Sugar Cookies product because the label does not declare that this product contains egg. People who have allergies or severe sensitivities to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
Sugar Cookies were sold in Sugarfina, Inc. retail stores throughout the U.S., and select Nordstrom department stores in Oregon, Arizona, California, Texas, Illinois,Washington, and other boutique retail stores. The miniature, white-chocolate coated cookies were most commonly sold in a clear lucite cube that held approximately 3.5 ounces (UPC: 840278113725 | SKU #K1175), or sold in a blue plastic bag that contains approximately 2.5 lbs (UPC: 840278122123| SKU #K1016), and in a clear plastic bag that contains approximately 0.8 oz. (UPC: 840278109414 | SKU #K0521).
No illnesses or adverse reactions have been reported to date. Sugarfina decided to initiate the voluntary recall of all lots shortly after an internal label review identified that the labeling statement did not identify eggs. The product is otherwise safe to consume.
Sugarfina takes the safety and integrity of the products it sells seriously. If customers have product affected by this voluntary recall, they should discard it immediately or return it to their local store for a full refund, or contact their sales representative.
Costumers with questions may contact the company at 1-855-784-2734 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST Monday to Thursday and 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST on Friday.
Sugarfina sincerely regrets any inconvenience and concern this voluntary recall may cause.
- Marsee Baking Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In Cookies Sold At Cafe Yumm! Restaurants
- Zakah Life Recalls Kratom Because Of Possible Health Risk
- Salt & Straw Voluntarily Recalls Certain Lots of Chocolate Gooey Brownie Ice Cream Pints Due to Possible Undeclared Peanuts
- "Country Favor Inc Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in "Best Taste Brand Snack Ginger Sliced"
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Jamaica Hibiscus Flower Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- G & C Raw, LLC Recalls Pat's Cat Turkey, and Ground Lamb Pet Food, because of Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Health Risk