Sugarfina, Inc. Issues Allergen Labeling Alert for Undeclared Eggs in Sugar Cookies Product
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri May 11, 2018 9:02PM
Sugarfina, Inc. is recalling its Sugar Cookies product because the label does not declare that this product contains egg. People who have allergies or severe sensitivities to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
Sugar Cookies were sold in Sugarfina, Inc. retail stores throughout the U.S., and select Nordstrom department stores in Oregon, Arizona, California, Texas, Illinois,Washington, and other boutique retail stores. The miniature, white-chocolate coated cookies were most commonly sold in a clear lucite cube that held approximately 3.5 ounces (UPC: 840278113725 | SKU #K1175), or sold in a blue plastic bag that contains approximately 2.5 lbs (UPC: 840278122123| SKU #K1016), and in a clear plastic bag that contains approximately 0.8 oz. (UPC: 840278109414 | SKU #K0521).
No illnesses or adverse reactions have been reported to date. Sugarfina decided to initiate the voluntary recall of all lots shortly after an internal label review identified that the labeling statement did not identify eggs. The product is otherwise safe to consume.
Sugarfina takes the safety and integrity of the products it sells seriously. If customers have product affected by this voluntary recall, they should discard it immediately or return it to their local store for a full refund, or contact their sales representative.
Costumers with questions may contact the company at 1-855-784-2734 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST Monday to Thursday and 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST on Friday.
Sugarfina sincerely regrets any inconvenience and concern this voluntary recall may cause.
- GiftTree Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds, Peanuts in " Sherman Candy Caramels "
- Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Food Lion Brand Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips
- King Bio Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Aquaflora Candida HP9, Lymph Detox, and Baby Teething Liquids Due to Microbial Contamination
- H-E-B Voluntarily Issues Recall Two Variety Packs of Creamy Creations Ice Creams and Sherbets in 3-Ounce Cups Recalled due to Broken Metal in Processing Equipment
- Portland French Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Seattle Sourdough Pub Buns and Franz Premium Pub Buns
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Spring Pasta Salad Due to Reported Illnesses