Fullei Fresh Recalls Organic Bean Sprouts Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Mar 8, 2019 5:37PM
Fullei Fresh of Miami, Florida is voluntarily recalling Organic Bean Sprouts because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Organic Bean Sprouts were shipped to Whole Foods Markets in Florida and Freedom Fresh (a Miami distributor) on February 18, 2019.
The product is packaged as 4 oz. in plastic clamshells. It has a lot code 041 and a sell by date of February 28, 2019. This information is printed in black ink on the package label. The UPC code is 017442052108.
To date, Fullei Fresh has not been informed of any illnesses associated with this recall.
This recall was voluntarily issued after the Florida Department of Agriculture pulled a sample from a store shelf. Fullei Fresh is carrying out this recall with the knowledge of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration.
Consumers can use the following information to determine if they have the recalled product. Anyone who has the recalled product should not consume it and destroy it.
Consumers with questions may call (305) 758-3880 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST.
- Ata Int. Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of BLUEFUSION Capsules, due to presence of Undeclared Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Desmethyl carbodenafil, Dithiodesmethyl carbodenafil, Scutellarin and Daidzein
- Hill's Pet Nutrition Expands Voluntary Recall of Select Canned Dog Food for Elevated Vitamin D
- Century Snacks LLC Recalls Snak Club Honey Bliss Nut Mix Due to Undeclared Allergen
- Better Made Snack Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk In 10 Ounce $3.99 Original Potato Chips
- Kingston Pharma, LLC RECALLS " DG(TM)/health NATURALS baby Cough Syrup + Mucus" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter