Shearwater Recalls Diving Transmitters Due to Drowning Hazard
Source: Consumer Recalls (CPCSC)
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:00AM
This recall involves Shearwater yellow pressure diving transmitters. The transmitters provide a tank pressure reading for scuba divers. The transmitter is yellow, with a cylindrical shape and measures 3 inches in length. “FCC ID: MbA” is printed on the end of the transmitter. Part number 13009 or 13009-01 is printed on the cardboard packaging along with an 8 digit serial number starting in FK or BM etched on the side.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled transmitters and contact the firm to arrange a free repair or exchange of the transmitter.
The firm has received one report of loss of communication using the transmitter during a dive.
Pelagic Pressure Systems, of San Leandro, Calif.
Shearwater Research Inc., of Richmond, B.C. CanadaReport an Incident Involving this Product
- Bulk Unlimited Recalls Children's Globes Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert)
- Air King America Recalls Wall-Mounted Range Hoods Due to Injury Hazard
- Alpha Guardian Recalls Stack-On Gun Safes Due to Lock Failure and Injury Hazard
- American Honda Recalls Portable Generators Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
- Kubota Recalls Zero Turn Mowers Due to Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Weatherbeeta USA Recalls Riding Saddles Due to Fall Hazard