Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. Recalls 6.5 oz Jars & Cans of Smoked Silver Salmon Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:02AM
Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. of Wasilla, AK is recalling all jars and cans of Smoked Silver Salmon in 6.5 oz. containers with the production code of AL81111133 on the bottom of the jar/can because it has the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium which can cause life-threatening illness or death. Consumers are warned not to use the product even if it does not look or smell spoiled.
Botulism, a potentially fatal form of food poisoning, can cause the following symptoms: general weakness, dizziness, double-vision and trouble with speaking or swallowing. Difficulty in breathing, weakness of other muscles, abdominal distension and constipation may also be common symptoms. People experiencing these problems should seek immediate medical attention.
The Smoked Silver Salmon was sold to distributors throughout the state of Alaska primarily in gift stores in the Anchorage and Fairbanks area.
Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. produces several species of smoked salmon in flexible retortable pouches, glass jars and black two-piece metal cans. The flexible retortable pouches are not affected by this recall.
No illnesses have been reported to date. The recall was initiated as a result of an independent audit paid for by Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. A review of the thermal processing records determined the recalled lot did not receive the prescribed thermal process and was therefore underprocessed. Consumers should destroy the product, return it to the place where purchased for a refund or contact Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. for a refund or replacement.
This recall is being made with the knowledge of US Food and Drug Administration and the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation.
Consumers who have purchased this product and have questions or need additional information should call the company at (907) 355-5533 from 8:00 AM to 8:00PM Alaska time.
- Hill's Pet Nutrition Expands Voluntary Recall of Select Canned Dog Food for Elevated Vitamin D
- Better Made Snack Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk In 10 Ounce $3.99 Original Potato Chips
- Century Snacks LLC Recalls Snak Club Honey Bliss Nut Mix Due to Undeclared Allergen
- Kingston Pharma, LLC RECALLS " DG(TM)/health NATURALS baby Cough Syrup + Mucus" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Hometown Food Company Recalls Two Production LOT Codes of Pillsbury(R) Unbleached All-Purpose 5lb Flour Due to Possible Health Risk