Frito-Lay Issues Voluntary Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk In Small Number of Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Mon Feb 4, 2019 10:15PM
Frito-Lay announced a limited voluntary recall of a very small number of 7 1/3 oz. bags of Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips because they may contain undeclared milk ingredients. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume the product contained inside the recalled pita chips bags.
The recalled products are 7 1/3 oz. bags of Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips that were distributed nationwide and have both a "Use By" date of 23 APR 2019 and a nine-character manufacturing code of "65M127902" listed below the "Use By" date. These numbers can be found on the front of the bag along the top right side. In addition, the recalled bags will also have a UPC code of "028400564632" listed on the bottom right side of the back of the bag.
No other Stacy's products or flavors are recalled.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that 228 bags of Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips were inadvertently filled with another flavor of pita chips, potentially exposing consumers to undeclared milk.
One consumer allergic reaction related to this matter has been reported to date.
Frito-Lay has informed the FDA of our actions.
Consumers with the product noted above can return the product to a retailer for a refund or contact Frito-Lay Consumer Relations at 1-800-352-4477 (9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST, Monday-Friday).
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint
- Hercules Candy LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Cashew Brittle Bits
- Caito Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Cut Melon Product Because of Possible Health Risk