Purina Animal Nutrition Voluntarily Recalling Purina(R) Honor(R) Show Chow(R) Showlamb Grower Due to Elevated Copper Level
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15PM
Purina Animal Nutrition is voluntarily recalling two lots of Purina® Honor® Show Chow® Showlamb Grower due to elevated copper levels. The feed is packaged in purple branded Purina Honor Show Chow bags.
The affected lot numbers are:
|Formula No.||Item No.||Description||Lot No.|
|552S||3004494-506||Purina® Honor® Show Chow® Showlamb Grower||8SEP10WIL1|
|552S||3004494-506||Purina® Honor® Show Chow® Showlamb Grower||8SEP18WIL1|
The product was distributed in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas.
Elevated copper levels can cause health issues and potential mortality in sheep. At this point a single customer has reported mortality in four sheep that may be associated with these two lots. Should customers have any remaining feed from these two lots, feeding should be discontinued immediately.
Symptoms of copper toxicity in sheep include: lethargy and anemia, grinding of teeth, thirst, off feed/poor appetite, pale to yellow mucous membranes, red/dark purple colored urine and recumbency. Death usually occurs one to two days after onset of clinical symptoms.
Customers can find the lot number on the sewing strip of each bag. Retailers are being contacted and told to immediately quarantine any remaining recalled product and notify customers who purchased the product. Customers who purchased this product should return remaining bags to their retailer.
For more information on the product recall, contact Customer Service at 1-800-227-8941. The number is staffed 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time Monday through Friday.
- Alvogen Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Fentanyl Transdermal System Due to Product Mislabeling
- Updated: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP and Losartan Potassium/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint