Perrigo Issues Allergy Alert For Simple Truth Organic Banana, Strawberry & Apple Puree With Nonfat Greek Yogurt
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:33PM
Allegan, MI - Perrigo Company, in coordination with The Kroger Company, is initiating a voluntary recall of one production lot of Simple Truth Organic Banana, Strawberry & Apple Fruit Puree with Nonfat Greek Yogurt (LOT L8159, best by 08/06/2019, produced in Spain) due to improper labeling that does not indicate the presence of milk, posing a potential risk to consumers with milk allergies. Individuals who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk have an increased potential for a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Perrigo is the distributor for this product, which is manufactured and packaged by Go Fruselva S.L. This product is sold exclusively by Kroger. The affected product was distributed to the Kroger Family of Stores located in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
An investigation determined that the Nutrition Facts Panel, Ingredient Declaration, and Allergen Statement on the back label of the package are incorrect on this lot due to a printing error.
No illnesses or allergic reactions involving this product have been reported to date.
This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Consumers who have purchased Simple Truth Organic Banana, Strawberry & Apple Fruit Puree with Nonfat Greek Yogurt (LOT L8159, best by 08/06/2019) may dispose of it or return it to any Kroger retail store for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Perrigo recall hotline at 800-538-9543 between the hours of 8:00 to 5:00 EST, Monday through Friday.
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable selfcare products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. The Company is a leading provider of over-the-counter health and wellness solutions that enhance individual wellbeing by empowering consumers to proactively prevent or treat conditions that can be self-managed. Visit Perrigo online at (http://www.perrigo.com).
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint
- Hercules Candy LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Cashew Brittle Bits
- Caito Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Cut Melon Product Because of Possible Health Risk