Funky Chunky, LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almond and Cashew Tree-Nut in 10 oz. Nutty Choco Pop Found in Chocolate Popcorn Gift Box, Holiday Crowd Pleaser and Crowd Pleaser Gifts
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52PM
Funky Chunky, LLC of Eden Prairie, MN is recalling 10 oz Nutty Choco Pop Gift Box, 50 oz. Holiday Crowd Pleaser and 50 oz. Crowd Pleaser, because it may contain undeclared Almond and Cashew Tree Nut. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to Almonds and Cashews run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Product was distributed to AZ, AL, CA, CO CT, DC, DE, FL GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and WY through mail order or direct delivery.
The product impacted with an undeclared allergen on the label can be found in a 10 oz. clear bag labeled Funky Chunky Nutty Choco Pop found in the 10 oz Chocolate Popcorn Gift Box (lot code 8K30), 50 oz. Holiday Crowd Pleaser (lot code 8K29) and 50 oz. Crowd Pleaser (lot code 8K13, 8k27, 8L04, 8L04, 8L07 and 8L11).
One allergic reaction was reported.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered by a consumer that product containing Almond and Cashew tree-nut was distributed in packaging that was mislabeled and did not reveal the presence of Almond and Cashew tree-nut.
We are notifying all customers that purchased products with the above lot codes, so they can discard the product that they have on-hand. Funky Chunky, LLC will replace the 10 oz. Nutty Choco Pop with properly labeled product when we receive a completed recall response form. For more information, consumers may contact Funky Chunky customer service at (952) 938 6663.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass