Funky Chunky, LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almond and Cashew Tree-Nut in 10 oz. Nutty Choco Pop Found in Chocolate Popcorn Gift Box, Holiday Crowd Pleaser and Crowd Pleaser Gifts
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52PM
Funky Chunky, LLC of Eden Prairie, MN is recalling 10 oz Nutty Choco Pop Gift Box, 50 oz. Holiday Crowd Pleaser and 50 oz. Crowd Pleaser, because it may contain undeclared Almond and Cashew Tree Nut. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to Almonds and Cashews run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Product was distributed to AZ, AL, CA, CO CT, DC, DE, FL GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and WY through mail order or direct delivery.
The product impacted with an undeclared allergen on the label can be found in a 10 oz. clear bag labeled Funky Chunky Nutty Choco Pop found in the 10 oz Chocolate Popcorn Gift Box (lot code 8K30), 50 oz. Holiday Crowd Pleaser (lot code 8K29) and 50 oz. Crowd Pleaser (lot code 8K13, 8k27, 8L04, 8L04, 8L07 and 8L11).
One allergic reaction was reported.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered by a consumer that product containing Almond and Cashew tree-nut was distributed in packaging that was mislabeled and did not reveal the presence of Almond and Cashew tree-nut.
We are notifying all customers that purchased products with the above lot codes, so they can discard the product that they have on-hand. Funky Chunky, LLC will replace the 10 oz. Nutty Choco Pop with properly labeled product when we receive a completed recall response form. For more information, consumers may contact Funky Chunky customer service at (952) 938 6663.
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Stokes Healthcare Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Pilocarpine 0.1% Ophthalmic Solution Due to a High Level of Preservative