Terrific Care, LLC. / Medex Supply Dist, Inc. issues Nationwide Recall of CoaguChek Test Strips
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:16PM
This announcement clarifies information included in Terrific Care, LLC's press release issued on 12/19/2018
On 12/19/2018, Terrific Care, LLC. / Medex Supply Dist, Inc. initiated a nationwide recall of Roche CoaguChek test strips distributed directly to U.S. consumers by Terrific Care, LLC. / Medex Supply Dist, Inc. This recall only includes CoaguChek test strips distributed directly to U.S. consumers by Terrific Care, LLC. / Medex Supply Dist, Inc via its website/phone calls/facsimal of All Catalog/REF Numbers that DO NOT END IN 160.
The products distributed by Terrific Care, LLC / Medex Supply Dist, Inc. have been found to inaccurately report high INR test results. Patients taking warfarin who receive inaccurate INR results above their target therapeutic range may be at risk for inappropriate therapeutic measures such as a warfarin dose reduction, interruption of warfarin use, or administration of vitamin K.
All Catalog/REF Numbers that DO NOT END IN 160
|Product||Catalog/REF Numbers||Affected Lot Numbers|
|CoaguChek XS Test Strips (All varieties sold by Terrific Care LLC. dba Medex Supply)||All Catalog/REF Numbers that do NOT end in 160 (see ex. image below)||27216700 through 33449899|
This recall is related to the recent Roche Diagnostics Recall, the manufacturer of CoaguChek meters and test strips. The CoaguChek test strips distributed by Terrific Care LLC./Medex Supply Dist. Inc. include Catalog/REF numbers that were not included in the recent Roche recall because these items were not distributed by Roche Diagnostics in the United States.
Terrific Care, LLC. / Medex Supply Dist, Inc. began distributing impacted products between 12/27/2017 through 12/15/2018 directly to consumers via courier service.
Terrific Care, LLC. / Medex Supply Dist, Inc. voluntarily recalled product after becoming aware of consumer complaints.
Actions Required:Immediately stop using all CoaguChek XS Test Strips listed above and purchased directly from Terrific Care LLC. dba MedEx Supply.
- Please send an E-Mail to RMA@medexsupply.com or call a customer service specialist at 888-433-2300 between the hours of 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, monday - thursday
- Return impacted strips directly to Terrific Care LLC. 61 Willet Street Passaic, NJ 07055-1971
Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Stokes Healthcare Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Pilocarpine 0.1% Ophthalmic Solution Due to a High Level of Preservative