Spokane Produce Voluntarily Recalls Northwest Cuisine Creations and Fresh&Local Sandwiches and Green Leaf Lettuce Filets
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:19AM
Spokane Produce Inc. of Spokane, WA initiates a voluntary recall of sandwiches containing green leaf lettuce and foodservice lettuce filets following notice of a produce industry ingredient recall by Adam Bros. Farming Inc. Sandwich products bearing the Northwest Cuisine Creations and Fresh&Local labels. These prod- ucts are recalled because they may be contaminated with Escherichia coli O157:b bacteria (E. Coli O157:b). E. coli O157:b causes a diarrheal illness often with bloody stools. Although most healthy adults can recover completely within a week, some people can develop a form of kidney failure called Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS). HUS is most likely to occur in young children and the elderly. The condition can lead to serious kidney damage and even death.
All sandwiches bear the “best buy” dating 12/14/18-12/21/18. The product was distributed to grocery markets in Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Oregon. In addition, Green Leaf Filets (no label) in five(5) and ten(10) pound containers are being recalled from foodservice accounts.
|Recalled Product||Net Wt.||UPC||Brand||Best Buy Dates Range|
|Italian Hoagie||7.7 oz||88694 79803||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Turkey-Bacon-Cheddar||7.4 oz||88694 79804||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Turkey Swiss||6.5 oz||88694 79806||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Ham & Cheeese||6.5 oz||88694 79807||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Roast Beef w/Pepper Jack||7.7 oz||88694 79808||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Club Sandwich||6.5 oz||88694 79809||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Tuscan Turkey||7 oz||88694 79814||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Tuscan Ham||7 oz||88694 79815||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Turkey Hoagie w/Avocado Spread||7 oz||88694 79816||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Roast Beef Hoagie||7 oz.||88794 79817||Northwest Cuisine Creations||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Italian Hoagie||7.7 oz||88694 79803||Fresh & Local||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Turkey-Bacon-Cheddar||7.4 oz||88694 79804||Fresh & Local||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Ham & Cheese||6.5 oz||88694 79807||Fresh & Local||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Turkey Swiss||6.5 oz||88694 79806||Fresh & Local||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Tuscan Turkey||7 oz||88694 79814||Fresh & Local||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Tuscan Ham||7 oz||88694 79815||Fresh & Local||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Turkey Hoagie w/Avacado Spread||7 oz||88694 79816||Fresh & Local||12/14/18-12/21/18|
|Club Sandwich||6.5 oz||88694 79809||Fresh & Local||12/14/18-12/21/18|
The affected products distributed by Spokane Produce include green leaf lettuce that was originated and recalled from Adam Bros. Farming Inc. of Santa Maria, CA. The recall was initiated after it was discovered that sediment from a reservoir near where the Adam Bros. Farm produce was grown tested positive for E.coli O157:b. Filtered and treated water from the reservoir may have come in contact with the produce after it was harvested. None of the filtered, treated water has tested positive for E. coli, all E. coli tests returning negative.
“We are taking extreme precautionary measures,” notes Dan Petek, Spokane Produce spokesperson. “To date, there have been no cases of E coli or contamination from any Adam Bros. green leaf lettuce. In complete regard for the public at large and our customers, we believe it is prudent at this point to be proactive and call in all product.”
Out of an abundance of caution, as a service to the general consuming public at large, product is being recalled in consultation with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). No illnesses have been reported to date.
Consumers who purchased any of the sandwiches bearing the “best buy 12/14/18-12/21/18” are advised not to eat any product and should destroy or return the product to the place of purchase.
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Stokes Healthcare Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Pilocarpine 0.1% Ophthalmic Solution Due to a High Level of Preservative