Lotus Foods Recalls Ramen Noodle Soup Cups Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
Source: Consumer Recalls (CPCSC)
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:00AM
The product involves Lotus Foods two ounce ramen noodle soups packaged in paper cups that are not microwave safe. The recalled soup cups contain organic brown rice noodles and were sold in three flavors; red miso rice ramen noodle soup, masala curry rice ramen noodle soup and tom yum rice noodle soup. The UPC code is printed on the back side of the cup to the left of the front panel.
Red Miso Rice Ramen Noodle Soup
7 08953 65101 9
Masala Curry Rice Ramen Noodle Soup
7 08953 65102 6
Tom Yum Rice Ramen Noodle Soup
7 08953 65103 3
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled soup cups and contact Lotus Foods for a coupon for a replacement product.
Lotus Foods has received 12 reports of the soup cups becoming extremely hot and/or sparking or catching fire during microwaving, including one report of a minor burn. Reported damage has been limited to the noodle cups.
Whole Foods Market stores and other independent natural and specialty stores nationwide, Safeway stores in Northern California and online at Amazon.com and Lotusfoods.com from August 2018 through November 2018 for about $2.50.
Lotus Foods Inc., of Richmond, Calif.Report an Incident Involving this Product
- Miles Industries Recalls Gas Fireplaces Due to Burn Hazard
- Navien Recalls Tankless Water Heaters and Boilers Due to Risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Manhattan Toy Recalls Children's Books Due to Choking Hazard
- Women's Iron Complete Supplements Recalled by GNC Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement; Risk of Poisoning
- The Children's Place Recalls Infant Snowsuits Due to Choking Hazard
- TerraTrike Recalls Adult Tricycles Due to Crash and Injury Hazards