Lotus Foods Recalls Ramen Noodle Soup Cups Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
Source: Consumer Recalls (CPCSC)
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:00AM
The product involves Lotus Foods two ounce ramen noodle soups packaged in paper cups that are not microwave safe. The recalled soup cups contain organic brown rice noodles and were sold in three flavors; red miso rice ramen noodle soup, masala curry rice ramen noodle soup and tom yum rice noodle soup. The UPC code is printed on the back side of the cup to the left of the front panel.
Red Miso Rice Ramen Noodle Soup
7 08953 65101 9
Masala Curry Rice Ramen Noodle Soup
7 08953 65102 6
Tom Yum Rice Ramen Noodle Soup
7 08953 65103 3
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled soup cups and contact Lotus Foods for a coupon for a replacement product.
Lotus Foods has received 12 reports of the soup cups becoming extremely hot and/or sparking or catching fire during microwaving, including one report of a minor burn. Reported damage has been limited to the noodle cups.
Whole Foods Market stores and other independent natural and specialty stores nationwide, Safeway stores in Northern California and online at Amazon.com and Lotusfoods.com from August 2018 through November 2018 for about $2.50.
Lotus Foods Inc., of Richmond, Calif.Report an Incident Involving this Product
- Bulk Unlimited Recalls Children's Globes Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert)
- Air King America Recalls Wall-Mounted Range Hoods Due to Injury Hazard
- Alpha Guardian Recalls Stack-On Gun Safes Due to Lock Failure and Injury Hazard
- American Honda Recalls Portable Generators Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
- Kubota Recalls Zero Turn Mowers Due to Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Weatherbeeta USA Recalls Riding Saddles Due to Fall Hazard