White-Rodgers Recalls Thermostats Due to Fire Hazard
Source: Consumer Recalls (CPCSC)
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:00AM
This recall involves Emerson branded SensiWiFi thermostats with “Emerson” printed on the front and a date code from 1416 to 1536 on the back. The date code represents the manufacture date from the 16th week of 2014 through the 36th week of 2015. The thermostats are white with an LCD screen. There are three buttons below the thermostat screen. Up and down arrow and Menu buttons are located to the right of the screen. Recalled thermostats have model numbers 1F86U-42WF or UP500W. A product label containing model number and date code information is located on the back of the thermostat.
Consumers should immediately check their Sensi thermostat to determine if “Emerson” is printed on the front with a date code from 1416 to 1536 on the back. Contact the firm to determine if the unit is included in the recall and for instructions on repair and/or replacement.
The firm has received eight reports of burn damage to the thermostat, involving minor property damage. No injuries have been reported.
Johnstone, Home Depot and Golden State FC stores and Heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment distributors nationwide from April 2014 through December 2016 for between about $90 and $150.
White-Rodgers, of St. Louis, Mo., a division of Emerson Electric Co.Report an Incident Involving this Product
- Miles Industries Recalls Gas Fireplaces Due to Burn Hazard
- Navien Recalls Tankless Water Heaters and Boilers Due to Risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Manhattan Toy Recalls Children's Books Due to Choking Hazard
- Women's Iron Complete Supplements Recalled by GNC Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement; Risk of Poisoning
- The Children's Place Recalls Infant Snowsuits Due to Choking Hazard
- TerraTrike Recalls Adult Tricycles Due to Crash and Injury Hazards