Moonstruck Chocolate Co. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Hazelnuts In 4 Oz. Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15PM
Moonstruck Chocolate Company of Portland, Oregon is recalling 600/4 oz. bags of Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate, because it may contain undeclared hazelnuts. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to hazelnuts run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The affected Moonstruck Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate was distributed nationwide through retail stores, online orders, and direct delivery between November 28, 2018 and December 11, 2018.
The Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate are sold in an individual resealable plastic bag, net wt. 4 oz. The product is number is 312235 and the UPC code is 7 11175 12235 9.
The product also sold in cardboard box of 8/4 oz. bags. The box has the SKU number 312235 and the UPC code 10711175122356.
The affected best by dates found on both 4 oz. bags and cardboard boxes are 11/12/2019 and 11/13/2019. The affected lot numbers are 1094276 and 1094275.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that product has the potential to be contaminated with hazelnuts and product was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of hazelnuts.
This recall is being made with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Consumers who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to hazelnuts are urged not to consume the affected product and should return it to the place of purchase for a replacement or full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Moonstruck Chocolate Company at 1-800-557-6666 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time from Monday through Friday.
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Stokes Healthcare Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Pilocarpine 0.1% Ophthalmic Solution Due to a High Level of Preservative