Inspired Organics Issues Voluntary Recall of Organic Sunflower Butter Due to Potential Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:18PM
Inspired Organics, LLC has issued a voluntary recall of Organic Sunflower Butter due to potential contamination of Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria monocytogenes is an organism, which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The product was distributed exclusively by Lipari Foods. LLC in Warren, Michigan to food service and retail stores throughout Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Ontario, Canada.
The affected product can be identified by:
|Brand||Product||Lipari Item #||Size||Best By Date||Lot #||UPC|
|Inspired Organics||Organic Sunflower Butter||967064||16oz||10/2019||099||863669742526|
This was brought to our attention by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) after product testing returned positive test results for potential for Listeria monocytogenes. We are working closely with the manufacturer, MDARD, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to understand the cause of the situation and ensure that all affected product has been pulled from commerce. No illnesses have been reported to date.
Lipari Foods began shipping the product on April 17, 2018.
Consumers who have purchased these recalled products should not consume them. Consumers should discard the products or return them to the point of purchase. Consumers with questions should call Customer Service at 800-729-3354, 8:15 am – 4:30 pm, EST, Monday through Friday.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass