Accra Super Market Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In 'Suya Barbecue Seasoning'
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:24PM
Accra Super Market of Worcester MA, is recalling 0.53 lbs packages of "Suya Barbecue Seasoning" because it may contain undeclared peanuts. People who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled "Suya Barbecue Seasoning" was sold from Accra Super Market, Worcester MA and Adum Africa Market, New York.
The Home Fresh Foods Suya Barbecue Seasoning comes in a 0.53 lbs. (240g), clear plastic package marked with lot # EK 08 17 on the side and with an expiration date of 08/31/2020 stamped on the side. 6033000120298 is the Universal Product Code (UPC) of the product.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after routine testing conducted by the State of New York Department of Agriculture and Markets found undeclared peanuts in the product. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company's production and packaging processes. Distribution of the product has been suspended until FDA and the company are certain that the problem has been corrected.
Consumers who have purchased 0.53 lbs packages of "Suya Barbecue Seasoning" are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-508-615-8951 Monday-Saturday EST 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Alvogen Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Fentanyl Transdermal System Due to Product Mislabeling
- Updated: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP and Losartan Potassium/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint