Kroger Louisville Division Recalls Abound Chicken and Brown Rice Dog Food Because of Elevated Vitamin D Levels
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:28PM
Following a recall by Sunshine Mills, Inc., the Kroger Louisville division announced it has removed from sale Abound Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe dog food produced by the supplier. The dog food was sold in one Kroger store located at 2440 Bardstown Road in Louisville, KY. Only Abound Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe dog food with the listed UPC numbers and Best by Dates are affected by this recall. The recall was initiated because the product had the potential to contain an elevated level of Vitamin D, which may cause renal failure.
Dogs ingesting elevated levels of Vitamin D may exhibit symptoms such as vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, excessive drooling, and weight loss. Vitamin D, when consumed at very high levels, can lead to serious health issues in dogs including renal dysfunction. Consumers with dogs who have consumed any of the products listed above and are exhibiting any of these symptoms, should contact their veterinarian. No reports of illness or injury have been reported to date.
|Product||UPC||Best by Dates||Size|
|Abound Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food||11110-83556||November 1, 2018|
November 16, 2019
Customers who have purchased the product described above should not allow their pet to consume and should return it to a store for a full refund or replacement.
Customers who have questions may contact Sunshine Mills, Inc. customer service at 1-800-705-2111 from 7 a.m. CST to 4 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday or by email at email@example.com.
Kroger's Louisville Division operates 116 retail food stores in Kentucky, Southern Indiana and Southern Illinois. Our 17,354 division associates are dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human SpiritTM, serving the region through food inspiration and uplift, and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. To learn more about The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), visit our newsroom and investor relations site.
Link to FDA Announcement
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint
- Hercules Candy LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Cashew Brittle Bits
- Caito Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Cut Melon Product Because of Possible Health Risk