Tres Hermanos Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Telera and Bolillo Breads
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35PM
Wyoming, MI - Tres Hermanos Bakery of Wyoming, MI is recalling its white Telera and Bolillo Mexican salt breads because they may contain undeclared milk. People who have allergies to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled breads were sold from the Tres Hermanos Bakery located at 1442 Burton SW in Wyoming, as well as at retailers in Allegan, Ingham, Kalamazoo, Kent, Muskegon, Oceana and VanBuren counties. The products come in clear plastic bags, 1lb. 2oz in weight with a white label and black lettering. The recalled products have an expiration date ranging between November 20, 2018 to December 19, 2018.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered during an inspection by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development that an ingredient used to produce the breads contained whey, a milk derivative. The finished product label did not indicate the presence of milk.
The company is modifying its labeling for all new product to include the declaration of all ingredients, including any milk or other milk derivatives. Consumers who have purchased the recalled bread products are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Virginia Gonzalez, recall representative at (616) 329-7170, Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8am to 8pm.
- Del Monte Foods Announces Limited Recall of Canned Fiesta Corn Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers Due to Under Processing
- Moonstruck Chocolate Co. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Hazelnuts In 4 Oz. Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate
- Inspired Organics Issues Voluntary Recall of Organic Sunflower Butter Due to Potential Health Risk
- The J.M. Smucker Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Specific Lots of 9Lives(R) Protein Plus(R) Wet, Canned Cat Food Due to Low Levels of Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
- Fine Land Corp Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Meiqili Durian Candy"
- Accra Super Market Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In 'Suya Barbecue Seasoning'