ELM Pet Foods Recall of Dry Dog Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:00PM
ELM Pet Foods, Inc is issuing a voluntary recall of Elm Chicken and Chickpea Recipe dog food because the products could contain elevated levels of Vitamin D.
The recalled products consist of multiple UPC codes manufactured between February 25, 2018 and October 31, 2018. Best Buy Dates Listed Below:
3lb ELM CHICKEN AND CHICKPEA RECIPE - UPC (0-70155-22507-8)
TD2 26 FEB 2019
TE1 30 APR 2019
TD1 5 SEP 2019
TD2 5 SEP 2019
28lb ELM CHICKEN AND CHICKPEA RECIPE - UPC (0-70155-22513-9)
TB3 6 APR 2019
TA1 2 JULY 2019
TI1 2 JULY 2019
40lb ELM K9 NATURALS CHICKEN RECIPE – UPC (0-70155-22522-9)
TB3 14 Sep 2019
TA2 22 Sep 2019
TB2 11 Oct 2019
Consumers, who have purchased the specific product above, during these dates, should stop feeding it to their dogs. Consumers who have purchased any of the products affected by this recall should dispose of it or return it to the retailer for a full refund. All Bags in the recall are yellow with the Elm Pet Foods Tag on the front of the bag and have a silhouette of a chicken at the bottom of the front side of the bag. Consumers can check the lot codes on the back of the bag at the bottom center on the 3lb bags and in the center of the back of the bag on the 28lb bags. The 40lb bag lot numbers can be found on the bottom right of the back of the bag.
Lot codes in this voluntary recall were distributed in PA, NJ, DE, MD.
Dogs ingesting elevated levels of Vitamin D may exhibit symptoms such as vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, excessive drooling and weight loss. Vitamin D when consumed at very high levels can lead to serious health issues in dogs including renal dysfunction. Consumers with dogs who have consumed the product listed above are exhibiting these symptoms, should contact their veterinarian.
If consumers have questions or would like a refund they should call ELM Pet Foods at 1-800-705-2111 8am-5pm(EST) Mon-Fri. or email email@example.com.
No other ELM Pet Foods products are impacted.
This is a voluntary recall and is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Link to FDA Announcement
- Jacques Torres Manufacturing LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Jacques" Big Daddy Dark Chocolate Bar
- Gilda Industries, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Butter Pound Cake
- Concord Fresh Success Recall Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen
- Chukar Cherries Expands Recall Of Amaretto Rainier Ultra Dark Chocolate Cherries Pouches Due To Undeclared Milk
- Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. Recalls 6.5 oz Jars & Cans of Smoked Silver Salmon Because of Possible Health Risk
- Nature's Path Foods Recalls A Specific Production Run Of Envirokidz Choco Chimps, Gorilla Munch And Jungle Munch Cereals Due To Undeclared Gluten