Achdut Recalls Multiple Brands of "Tahini" Because It May Be Contaminated with Salmonella Clarification for Baron's Expiration Date
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:16PM
Achdut LTD. of Ariel, Israel, is recalling its Tahini products of all packages and sizes produced on the following dates: April 7th to May 21st 2018, because it may be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
The recalled "Tahini" was distributed internationally in retail stores and through mail orders.
The tahini products are Tahini, Whole Tahini, Organic Tahini and Seasoned Tahini. Container sizes: 15oz, 16oz, 17.6oz, 635 oz (428g, 454g, 500g, 18Kg), with lot numbers 18-097 to 18-141 or with expiration dates April 7th to May 21st 2020, while the Baron’s brand carries an expiration date of 5/5/2021. The brand names of the products are: Achdut, Baron's, S&F, Pepperwood, Soom and Achva.
Achdut is collaborating with health officials in connection with a positive finding of Salmonella in a US import sample of Achdut Tahini linked to a Salmonella outbreak that is currently being investigated by FDA and public health officials.
The probable root cause for this recall is cross contamination. The company has eliminated the source of contamination and preventive steps were taken.
Consumers who have purchased the Tahini above are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 972-3-9068020, Sun-Thu 08:00-17:00 GMT+2.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Grand Strand Sandwich Company Recalls Lunch Box Sandwiches Italian Subs Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Swiss Croissants And Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Cheese Due To Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Cheesecakes Made with Diamond Crystal Mix
- Shamrock Farms Issues Voluntary Recall of 2% Reduced Fat Vanilla Half Gallon Milk Due to Undeclared Almonds