Achdut Recalls Multiple Brands of "Tahini" Because It May Be Contaminated with Salmonella Clarification for Baron's Expiration Date
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:16PM
Achdut LTD. of Ariel, Israel, is recalling its Tahini products of all packages and sizes produced on the following dates: April 7th to May 21st 2018, because it may be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
The recalled "Tahini" was distributed internationally in retail stores and through mail orders.
The tahini products are Tahini, Whole Tahini, Organic Tahini and Seasoned Tahini. Container sizes: 15oz, 16oz, 17.6oz, 635 oz (428g, 454g, 500g, 18Kg), with lot numbers 18-097 to 18-141 or with expiration dates April 7th to May 21st 2020, while the Baron’s brand carries an expiration date of 5/5/2021. The brand names of the products are: Achdut, Baron's, S&F, Pepperwood, Soom and Achva.
Achdut is collaborating with health officials in connection with a positive finding of Salmonella in a US import sample of Achdut Tahini linked to a Salmonella outbreak that is currently being investigated by FDA and public health officials.
The probable root cause for this recall is cross contamination. The company has eliminated the source of contamination and preventive steps were taken.
Consumers who have purchased the Tahini above are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 972-3-9068020, Sun-Thu 08:00-17:00 GMT+2.
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Hometown Food Company Recalls Two Production LOT Codes of Pillsbury(R) Unbleached All-Purpose 5lb Flour Due to Possible Health Risk
- Fullei Fresh Recalls Organic Bean Sprouts Because of Possible Health Risk
- Sunstone Organics Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Select Kratom Products Due to Potential Contamination by Salmonella
- Asia Foods Distributor Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Nova Salted Biscuit"
- Joy Gourmet Foods LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites