Sunshine Mills, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Dry Dog Food Due to Potentially Elevated Levels of Vitamin D
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:52PM
Sunshine Mills, Inc. is issuing a voluntary recall of select products of Evolve® Puppy, Sportsman’s Pride® Large Breed Puppy and Triumph® Chicken and Rice Dog Food (reference below) due to potentially elevated levels of Vitamin D.
|14 LB Evolve® Chicken & Rice Puppy Dry Dog Food||Bag UPC: 0-73657-00862-0|
|28 LB Evolve® Chicken & Rice Puppy Dry Dog Food||Bag UPC: 0-73657-00863-7|
|40 LB Sportsman's Pride® Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food||Bag UPC: 0-70155-10566-0|
|40 LB Sportsman's Pride® Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food||Bag UPC: 0-70155-10564-0|
|3.5 LB Triumph® Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food||Bag UPC: 0-73657-00873-6|
|16 LB Triumph® Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food||Bag UPC: 0-73657-00874-3|
|30 LB Triumph® Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food||Bag UPC 0-73657-00875-0|
Consumers should stop feeding the products listed above. Dogs ingesting elevated levels of Vitamin D may exhibit symptoms such as vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, excessive drooling, and weight loss. Vitamin D, when consumed at very high levels can lead to serious health issues in dogs including renal dysfunction. Consumers with dogs who have consumed any of the products listed above and are exhibiting any of these symptoms, should contact their veterinarian.
Bags affected have a Best Buy Date Code of November 1, 2018 through November 8, 2019. The Best Buy Code can be located on the back of each bag.
The above products were distributed in retail stores within the United States as well as some export distributors in Japan, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Israel, Canada and South Korea.
Consumers who have purchased any of the products affected by this recall should dispose of it or return it to the retailer for a full refund.
There are no other Evolve®, Sportsman’s Pride® or Triumph® products affected by this recall.
Consumers may contact Sunshine Mills, Inc. customer service at (800) 705-2111 from 7AM to 4PM Central Time, Monday through Friday, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
This is a voluntary recall being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Link to FDA Announcement
- Del Monte Foods Announces Limited Recall of Canned Fiesta Corn Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers Due to Under Processing
- Moonstruck Chocolate Co. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Hazelnuts In 4 Oz. Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate
- Inspired Organics Issues Voluntary Recall of Organic Sunflower Butter Due to Potential Health Risk
- The J.M. Smucker Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Specific Lots of 9Lives(R) Protein Plus(R) Wet, Canned Cat Food Due to Low Levels of Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
- Fine Land Corp Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Meiqili Durian Candy"
- Accra Super Market Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In 'Suya Barbecue Seasoning'