First Source Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecan and Cashew in Chocolate and Nut Tray
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:31PM
First Source of Tonawanda, NY, is voluntarily recalling Chocolate and Nut Tray because it contains undeclared tree nuts, pecan and cashew. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to tree nuts (Pecan & Cashew) run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled item was distributed to 98 Wegmans Food Markets in the states of MA, MD, NJ, NY, PA, and VA. The affected product was sold from November 8, 2018 to November 20, 2018.
The product comes in a four-quadrant plastic tray, NET WT 37 OZ (2 LBS 5 OZ) 1.05KG, with UPC: 0 23637 43369 0, and Best Before Date of 07/09/19.
No illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported to date.
Wegmans will place automated phone calls to notify customers who purchased the product using their Shoppers Club Card of the recall.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that product containing pecan and cashews was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of the pecan and cashew. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company’s labeling process.
Consumers who have purchased this item may return it to the Wegmans customer service desk for a refund. Consumers with questions may contact First Source at 1-716-389-0264, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
- Del Monte Foods Announces Limited Recall of Canned Fiesta Corn Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers Due to Under Processing
- Moonstruck Chocolate Co. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Hazelnuts In 4 Oz. Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate
- Inspired Organics Issues Voluntary Recall of Organic Sunflower Butter Due to Potential Health Risk
- The J.M. Smucker Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Specific Lots of 9Lives(R) Protein Plus(R) Wet, Canned Cat Food Due to Low Levels of Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
- Fine Land Corp Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Meiqili Durian Candy"
- Accra Super Market Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In 'Suya Barbecue Seasoning'