Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:37PM
Routine samples of the Green Cedar Ackawi cheese collected and tested by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development tested positive for the presence of Listeria monocytogenes.
The following product has been recalled:
Green Cedar Ackawi cheese in small clear plastic shrink wrapped packaging (see images below) bearing a “sell by” date of March 26, 2019 or later. The “sell by” date is on a white sticker on the back of the product.
Consumption of food contaminated with listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, a serious and sometimes fatal infection that primarily affects young children, older adults, and persons with weakened immune systems. Less commonly, persons outside these risk groups may be affected. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeriosis can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
This issue was discovered on November 9, 2018 during a routine inspection by the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development, Food & Dairy Division (MDARD) and by the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
This product was distributed at retail locations East Dearborn and Dearborn Heights Michigan. There have been no reports of adverse health impacts or reactions related to the consumption of this product to date.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Media and consumers with questions regarding the recall can contact Hussam Harb, Plant Manager at Green Cedar Dairy, at (313) 584-4499 (M-F 8-4 ET).
- Jacques Torres Manufacturing LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Jacques" Big Daddy Dark Chocolate Bar
- Gilda Industries, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Butter Pound Cake
- Concord Fresh Success Recall Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen
- Chukar Cherries Expands Recall Of Amaretto Rainier Ultra Dark Chocolate Cherries Pouches Due To Undeclared Milk
- Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. Recalls 6.5 oz Jars & Cans of Smoked Silver Salmon Because of Possible Health Risk
- Nature's Path Foods Recalls A Specific Production Run Of Envirokidz Choco Chimps, Gorilla Munch And Jungle Munch Cereals Due To Undeclared Gluten