Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:31PM
ALEBRIJE DIST WHOLESALE is collaborating with health ofﬁcials due to a positive ﬁnding of Salmonella in a sample of Quesillo “Queseria La Milagrosa”. ALEBRIJE DIST WHOLESALE is voluntarily recalling the amount of 100 kilos of Quesillo “Queseria La Milagrosa”. While “Alebrije Cheese” has not been found positive for Salmonella, ALEBRIJE DIST WHOLESALE has decided to voluntarily recall the speciﬁc 498 “Alebrije Cheese” pieces that were imported during the same period out of an abundance of caution.
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Affected product was distributed the dates between October 23 and October 24 through retail sale and direct delivery, in Los Angeles, CA. The speciﬁc product subject to recall is identiﬁed as:
Quesillo “Queseria La Milagrosa”. It´s wrapped in a basic plastic bag with a yellow label with two presentations ½ kg and 1kg.
“Alebrije Cheese” It´s wrapped in a basic plastic bag with an orange and blue label with three presentations ½ kg, 1kg and 5kg.
"No illnesses have been reported to date."
The recall was as the result of a routine sampling.inspection by the CDFA which revealed that the ﬁnished products contained the bacteria. The company has ceased the distribution of the product as FDA and the company continue their investigation as to what caused the problem.
Consumers who have purchased Quesillo “Queseria La Milagrosa” and “Alebrije Cheese” are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions should call at 1-619-646-5361, open 9 am through 5 pm PST, Monday through Friday.
- Jacques Torres Manufacturing LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Jacques" Big Daddy Dark Chocolate Bar
- Gilda Industries, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Butter Pound Cake
- Concord Fresh Success Recall Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen
- Chukar Cherries Expands Recall Of Amaretto Rainier Ultra Dark Chocolate Cherries Pouches Due To Undeclared Milk
- Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. Recalls 6.5 oz Jars & Cans of Smoked Silver Salmon Because of Possible Health Risk
- Nature's Path Foods Recalls A Specific Production Run Of Envirokidz Choco Chimps, Gorilla Munch And Jungle Munch Cereals Due To Undeclared Gluten