Natural Life Pet Products Expands Recall of Dry Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:30PM
We regret to inform you that Natural Life® Chicken & Potato dry dog food has been confirmed To contain elevated levels of Vitamin D. As a result, we are voluntarily recalling the following product:
|17.5 # Natural Life Chicken & Potato Dry Dog Food||Bag UPC: 0-12344-08175-1|
Bags affected have a Best By Date code of December 4, 2019 through August 10, 2020.
The Best By Date code can be found on the back or bottom of each bag.
The products were distributed to retail stores in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and California.
Natural Life Pet Products became aware of the elevated levels of vitamin D after receiving complaints from three pet owners of vitamin D toxicity after consuming the product. An investigation revealed a formulation error led to the elevated vitamin D in the product.
Consumers should stop feeding the product listed above. Dogs ingesting elevated levels of Vitamin D may exhibit symptoms such as vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, excessive drooling, and weight loss. Vitamin D when consumed at very high levels can lead to serious health issues in dogs including renal dysfunction. Consumers with dogs who have consumed the product listed above and are exhibiting these symptoms, should contact their veterinarian.
Consumers who have purchased the product affected by this recall should dispose of it or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Natural Life Pet Products at (888) 279-9420 from 8 AM to 5 PM Central Standard time, Monday through Friday, or by email at email@example.com for more information.
This is a voluntary recall and is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
We genuinely regret that this has occurred as we place the highest priority on the health of pets.
Link to Original Recall
- Del Monte Foods Announces Limited Recall of Canned Fiesta Corn Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers Due to Under Processing
- Kimberly-Clark Announces Voluntary Recall of U by Kotex(R) Sleek(R) Tampons, Regular Absorbency,Throughout U.S. and Canada
- Moonstruck Chocolate Co. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Hazelnuts In 4 Oz. Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate
- Inspired Organics Issues Voluntary Recall of Organic Sunflower Butter Due to Potential Health Risk
- The J.M. Smucker Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Specific Lots of 9Lives(R) Protein Plus(R) Wet, Canned Cat Food Due to Low Levels of Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
- Fine Land Corp Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Meiqili Durian Candy"