Barcelona Nut Company Recalls Roasted and Salted in Shell Pistachios Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Nov 2, 2018 4:42PM
Barcelona Nut Company of Baltimore, Maryland is recalling 239 cases of roasted and salted in shell pistachios, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes-fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
The roasted and salted in shell pistachios were distributed in Washington D.C., Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, California, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Georgia through retail stores and direct delivery. The pistachios are Barcelona Nut Company brand, packaged in Red White and Blue window plastic film, and come in sizes:
2.75 oz., UPC 030239130001 with expiration date 9/18/2019 2.25 oz., UPC 030239149034 with expiration date 9/17/2019 and 10/9/2019 1.50 oz., UPC 030239591154 with expiration date 10/9/2019 and 9/17/2019 1.25 oz., UPC 030239991060 with expiration date 10/8/2019
1 oz. Green plastic film package pictured UPC 030239510148 with expiration dates 10/4/2019 and 10/10/2019.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass