Frito-Lay Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk In Select Smartfood Delight Sea Salt Flavored Popcorn
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Nov 2, 2018 5:13PM
PLANO, Texas – Frito-Lay announced a voluntary recall of select 1/2 oz. bags of Smartfood Delight Sea Salt Flavored popcorn because they were inadvertently filled with cheese flavored tortilla chips that contain undeclared milk ingredients. The recalled bags were sold only in the two variety packs listed below. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume the product contained inside the recalled Smartfood Delight Sea Salt Flavored popcorn bags.
The products covered by this recall were distributed in retail locations in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Wyoming. The recalled products were also distributed through e-commerce websites.
No illness related to this matter has been reported to date.
The recalled products are 1/2 oz. bags of Smartfood Delight Sea Salt Flavored popcorn packaged in the following variety pack offerings which have "use by" dates and 11-digit manufacturing codes printed on the outer packaging as listed below:
- 16 count Smartfood Delight Variety Pack Sack – "use by" dates of 4 DEC 2018 OR 18 DEC 2018, and 11-digit manufacturing code that will include the letter combination AM in the second and third position (example: xAMxxxxxxxx)
- 16 count Crunch & Pop Mix Variety Pack Sack – "use by" dates of 18 DEC 2018 OR 1 JAN 2019, and 11-digit manufacturing code that will include the letter combination AM in the second and third position (example: xAMxxxxxxxx)
In addition, the individual recalled 1/2 oz. bags of Smartfood Delight Sea Salt Flavored popcorn have a "guaranteed fresh" date of 1 JAN 2019 and a 9-digit manufacturing code of 615325107 printed on the front upper panel. No other products or flavors contained in these variety packs are being recalled.
No other Smartfood, Smartfood Delight, or variety pack products or flavors are recalled.
The issue was discovered after a consumer notified Frito-Lay that their Smartfood Delight bag contained tortilla chips. Frito-Lay has informed the FDA of our actions.
Consumers with any of the above recalled products should contact Frito-Lay Consumer Relations at 1-800-352-4477 (9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST, Monday-Friday) for reimbursement.
- Kingston Pharma, LLC RECALLS " DG(TM)/health NATURALS baby Cough Syrup + Mucus" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin