G & C Raw, LLC is Expanding Recall to Include All Product Lots Manufactured from February 27, 2018 Through July 20, 2018, Because of Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:56AM
G & C Raw, of Versailles, OH is recalling all products lots manufactured from February 27, 2018 through July 20, 2018, as a precaution because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. These products are sold under the brand names G & C Raw Dog Food, and G & C Raw Cat food, and are sold through direct distribution to customers. Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in animals eating the products. Furthermore, there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
Healthy people infected with Listeria monocytogenes should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, aches, fever, and diarrhea. Listeria monocytogenes infections can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
Pets with Listeria monocytogenes infections are rare, and pets may display symptoms such as mild to severe diarrhea, anorexia, fever, nervous, muscular and respiratory signs, abortion, depression, shock, and death. In addition to the possibility of becoming sick, such infected animals can shed Listeria monocytogenes through their feces onto their coats and into the home environment and thus serve as sources of infection to humans and other animals in the household. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
These products may have been distributed to the following states: OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, NC, TN, SC, GA, IL The products were distributed by G & C Raw, LLC through direct delivery. The manufacture dates are included at the end of the lot number. For example, the pet food product manufactured on February 27, 2018 has a lot code of that ends with 022718. The firm is now recalling all products with lot numbers that end in 022718 through 072018.
The recalled products include:
Beef Veggie Mix Dog Food Ground Beef Dog Food Sliced Beef Heart Dog Food Ground Beef Heart Dog Food PKim's Special Beef Organ Dog Food Ground Chicken Dog FoodChicken Veggie Mix Dog FoodChicken Mix Patties Dog FoodDuck Veggie Mix Dog FoodGround Duck Dog FoodGround Rabbit Dog FoodRabbit Veggie Mix Dog FoodGround Lamb Dog FoodLamb Veggie Mix Dog FoodGround Beef Pancreas Dog FoodBeef Liver Chunks Dog FoodBeef Sweet Breads Dog FoodGround Pork Dog FoodPork Veggie Mix Dog FoodShelby's Pork Organ Mix Dog FoodGround Pollock Dog FoodTurkey Veggie Mix Dog FoodGround Turkey Dog Food
Tripe Dog Food
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Stokes Healthcare Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Pilocarpine 0.1% Ophthalmic Solution Due to a High Level of Preservative