Promise Pharmacy Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Prednisolone and Gatifloxacin Ophthalmic Solution 1%/0.5% Sterile Due to Small Particulate Floating in the Solution
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49PM
Promise Pharmacy is voluntarily recalling one lot of Prednisolone and Gatifloxacin Ophthalmic Solution 1%/0.5% sterile, 3ml vials,to the patient consumer level. The product has been found to have unidentified small particulate floating in the solution.
To date Promise Pharmacy has not received any reports of adverse events related to this recall. Potential adverse health consequences could range from limited eye irritation, inflammation and visual impairment to permanent ocular damage with the use of this eye drop solution.
The product is used as a post-surgical (cataract) ophthalmic treatment and was distributed Nationwide to individual patients.
Lot Number 09042018@2, Exp. 12/03/2018 is the only affected lot.
Promise Pharmacy is notifying its prescribers and patients by telephone and mail and is arranging for return/replacement/refund of all recalled product
Patients who have product that is being recalled should stop using it and return it to Promise Pharmacy. Patients will be sent packaging with a prepaid shipping label to facilitate prompt return of product to the pharmacy.
Prescribers and patients with questions regarding this recall can contact Promise Pharmacy at (727) 772-0500 x233 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:30 pm EST, or via email to email@example.com. Patients should contact their prescribing physician if they have experienced any problems that may be related to using this product.
Adverse reactions or quality problems associated with the use of this product may be reported to FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either by phone, on line, by regular mail or by fax.
- Kingston Pharma, LLC RECALLS " DG(TM)/health NATURALS baby Cough Syrup + Mucus" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin