Working Cow Homemade, Inc. Expands Recall of Ice Cream Products Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:18PM
Working Cow Homemade, Inc. of St. Petersburg, FL is expanding its voluntary recall to include all ice cream manufactured from August 29, 2017 – October 11, 2018, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. This is an expansion of an earlier recall.
Working Cow customers include ice cream parlors, independent living facilities and restaurants throughout the state of Florida. Most of the ice cream is packaged in plastic three-gallon tubs marked with a label including product name and “born-on” date. The born-on date refers to the manufacturing date. Working Cow is working with its retail customers to recall the potentially affected products.
This expanded recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) out of an abundance of caution following environmental sampling taken in the facility. No additional illnesses have been reported beyond the one consumer case related to the NSA Chocolate/NSA Vanilla.
Working Cow Homemade, Inc. takes the safety and integrity of our products very seriously. Our families also consume these products and we are working tirelessly to ensure that products made at Working Cow will continue to have the complete confidence of our customers and consumers. At this time, no ice cream is being produced while we continue to make changes to our manufacturing and distribution operations.
Customers are asked to discard or return product subject to recall and contact Working Cow for credit. Additional questions may be directed to the Working Cow Headquarters at 877-320-2269, Mon-Fri between 9 AM and 4:00 PM EDT.
Link to Original Recall
- The Quaker Oats Company Issues Voluntary Recall of a Small Quantity of Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Distributed to Five Target Stores Due to Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Oscor Inc. Issues Recall Product Expansion of TB - Temporary Bipolar Pacing Lead (Unshrouded 2 mm Pins Models)