Working Cow Homemade, Inc. Expands Recall of Ice Cream Products Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:18PM
Working Cow Homemade, Inc. of St. Petersburg, FL is expanding its voluntary recall to include all ice cream manufactured from August 29, 2017 – October 11, 2018, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. This is an expansion of an earlier recall.
Working Cow customers include ice cream parlors, independent living facilities and restaurants throughout the state of Florida. Most of the ice cream is packaged in plastic three-gallon tubs marked with a label including product name and “born-on” date. The born-on date refers to the manufacturing date. Working Cow is working with its retail customers to recall the potentially affected products.
This expanded recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) out of an abundance of caution following environmental sampling taken in the facility. No additional illnesses have been reported beyond the one consumer case related to the NSA Chocolate/NSA Vanilla.
Working Cow Homemade, Inc. takes the safety and integrity of our products very seriously. Our families also consume these products and we are working tirelessly to ensure that products made at Working Cow will continue to have the complete confidence of our customers and consumers. At this time, no ice cream is being produced while we continue to make changes to our manufacturing and distribution operations.
Customers are asked to discard or return product subject to recall and contact Working Cow for credit. Additional questions may be directed to the Working Cow Headquarters at 877-320-2269, Mon-Fri between 9 AM and 4:00 PM EDT.
Link to Original Recall
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass