Cedar's Mediterranean Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Cedar's Chickpea Salad 8 oz.
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:20PM
Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods, of Ward Hill, MA is voluntarily recalling Cedar’s Chickpea Salad 8 oz. because it may contain undeclared edamame (soy). People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
This product was distributed to retailers in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, TX, UT, VT, and WI.
The Cedar’s Chickpea Salad is packaged in an 8 oz. plastic container, with UPC Code: 044115337767. The product is a refrigerated product with Sell By Dates from 9/23/18 – 11/9/18.
Cedar’s initiated the recall when it was discovered that misprinted labels omitted the edamame ingredient and allergy statement. No illnesses have been reported to date.
Consumers allergic to soy who have purchased this product should not consume it.
For consumers who are not allergic to soy there is no safety issue with the product.
Cedar’s Chickpea Salad 8 OZ. with Sell By Dates of 11/10/18 and later is not affected.
No other products produced by Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods are affected by this recall.
For additional information or to request a replacement please contact Cedar’s at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference EDAMAME.
- The Quaker Oats Company Issues Voluntary Recall of a Small Quantity of Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Distributed to Five Target Stores Due to Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Oscor Inc. Issues Recall Product Expansion of TB - Temporary Bipolar Pacing Lead (Unshrouded 2 mm Pins Models)