Cedar's Mediterranean Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Cedar's Chickpea Salad 8 oz.
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:20PM
Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods, of Ward Hill, MA is voluntarily recalling Cedar’s Chickpea Salad 8 oz. because it may contain undeclared edamame (soy). People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
This product was distributed to retailers in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, TX, UT, VT, and WI.
The Cedar’s Chickpea Salad is packaged in an 8 oz. plastic container, with UPC Code: 044115337767. The product is a refrigerated product with Sell By Dates from 9/23/18 – 11/9/18.
Cedar’s initiated the recall when it was discovered that misprinted labels omitted the edamame ingredient and allergy statement. No illnesses have been reported to date.
Consumers allergic to soy who have purchased this product should not consume it.
For consumers who are not allergic to soy there is no safety issue with the product.
Cedar’s Chickpea Salad 8 OZ. with Sell By Dates of 11/10/18 and later is not affected.
No other products produced by Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods are affected by this recall.
For additional information or to request a replacement please contact Cedar’s at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference EDAMAME.
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Stokes Healthcare Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Pilocarpine 0.1% Ophthalmic Solution Due to a High Level of Preservative