Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Several Meat and Potato Products
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37PM
Hy-Vee, Inc., based in West Des Moines, Iowa, is voluntarily recalling six of its meat and potato products across its eight-state region due to possible contamination with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes. The potential for contamination was discovered after Hy-Vee's supplier, McCain Foods, announced it was recalling its caramelized mushrooms and fire-roasted tomatoes, which are ingredients that are used in six Hy-Vee products. To date, no illnesses have been reported in connection with these products.
Salmonella is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism, which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria monocytogenes infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Out of an abundance of caution, Hy-Vee is recalling the following products from all of its stores:
- Hy-Vee Bacon Wrapped Cowgirl Chicken Grillers – 8 ounce each
UPC Code 023092600000
- Hy-Vee Fire Roasted Tomato, Spinach, Mozzarella Twice Baked Potato – 5 ounce each
UPC Code 023755400000
- Hy-Vee Cowgirl Chicken Griller Patty – 6 ounce each
UPC Code 023100200000
- Hy-Vee Gourmet Steakhouse Mushroom & Swiss Burger – 6 ounce each
UPC Code 023168400000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 2 ounce each
UPC Code 023164300000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 12 count, 30 ounces
UPC Code 023266600000
All impacted products have a "Best If Used By" date of Oct. 22, 2018, or sooner.
Customers who purchased any of these products with these dates should not consume them. Customers are being asked to discard these items or return them to their local Hy-Vee store for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Hy-Vee Customer Care representatives 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-772-4098.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 245 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $10 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America's Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company's more than 80,000 employees provide "A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle" to customers every day. For additional information, visit www.hy-vee.com.
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens
- In Association With Sunshine Mills, Lidl Voluntarily Recalls Orlando Brand Grain Free Chicken & Chickpea Superfood Recipe Dog Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D.
- Natural Life Pet Products Expands Recall of Dry Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D