SLR Food Distribution Inc. Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Sugar Melon Candy
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:02PM
SLR Food Distribution Inc. of New Hyde Park, NY is recalling its 7.04oz package of SUGAR MELON CANDY / WAX GOURD because it contains undeclared sulfites. Consumers who have severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume this product.
SUGAR MELON CANDY / WAX GOURD were distributed throughout east coast of United States in retail stores and through mail orders. The product comes in a 7.04oz plastics package marked with barcode 6912567116718 on the bottom and with a production date 2018.01.03 stamped on the top with expiration date of 2019.01.02.
No illnesses or allergic reactions involving this product have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after routine sampling by New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Food Inspectors and subsequent analysis by Food Laboratory personnel revealed the presence of sulfites in the 7.04oz plastic package of SUGAR MELON CANDY / WAX GOURD which were not declared on the label. The consumption of 10 milligrams of sulfites per serving has been reported to elicit severe reactions in some asthmatics. Anaphylactic shock could occur in certain sulfite sensitive individuals upon ingesting 10 milligrams or more of sulfites. Analysis of the SUGAR MELON CANDY / WAX GOURD revealed they contained 13 milligrams per serving.
Consumers who have purchased the 7.04oz packages of SUGAR MELON CANDY / WAX GOURD are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-516-437-3782.
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint
- Hercules Candy LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Cashew Brittle Bits
- Caito Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Cut Melon Product Because of Possible Health Risk