Faribault Foods, Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall of a Limited Quantity of S&W Brand White Beans Due to the Presence of Undeclared (Sulfites)
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32PM
Faribault Foods, Inc. of Faribault, MN is recalling its 15 ounce S&W White Beans because it contains undeclared sulfites. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled S&W White Beans were distributed in the states of Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. This voluntary recall covers a specific production code manufactured at the facility located in Faribault, MN with can code “Best By AUG 23 2020 1310 F2 236 17 XXXX (time stamp).&rdquo To locate the production code, consumers should look at the bottom of the can. No other production codes, sizes or brands of Faribault Foods, Inc. products are affected by this recall.
No illnesses have been reported to date. The recall was initiated after it was discovered via consumer feedback that the contents in the can are garbanzo beans and were mislabeled as white beans. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company’s packaging processes.
Consumers who may have purchased the products listed above should not consume them but should instead return them to the store where purchased for a refund or replacement.
The quality and safety of our products are the top priority for our company. We apologize to our retail customers and consumers and sincerely regret any inconvenience created by this recall. We are working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on this voluntary recall and will cooperate with them fully.
For consumer support and product questions please call 1-800-211-0600, Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm CST or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kingston Pharma, LLC RECALLS " DG(TM)/health NATURALS baby Cough Syrup + Mucus" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmace
- Hospira, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin