Faribault Foods, Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall of a Limited Quantity of S&W Brand White Beans Due to the Presence of Undeclared (Sulfites)
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32PM
Faribault Foods, Inc. of Faribault, MN is recalling its 15 ounce S&W White Beans because it contains undeclared sulfites. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled S&W White Beans were distributed in the states of Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. This voluntary recall covers a specific production code manufactured at the facility located in Faribault, MN with can code “Best By AUG 23 2020 1310 F2 236 17 XXXX (time stamp).&rdquo To locate the production code, consumers should look at the bottom of the can. No other production codes, sizes or brands of Faribault Foods, Inc. products are affected by this recall.
No illnesses have been reported to date. The recall was initiated after it was discovered via consumer feedback that the contents in the can are garbanzo beans and were mislabeled as white beans. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company’s packaging processes.
Consumers who may have purchased the products listed above should not consume them but should instead return them to the store where purchased for a refund or replacement.
The quality and safety of our products are the top priority for our company. We apologize to our retail customers and consumers and sincerely regret any inconvenience created by this recall. We are working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on this voluntary recall and will cooperate with them fully.
For consumer support and product questions please call 1-800-211-0600, Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm CST or email email@example.com
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens