Feel Good Foods Inc Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg Product In "Vegetable Fried Rice"
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58PM
Feel Good Foods Inc. of Brooklyn, NY is recalling six lots of “Vegetable Fried Rice” frozen meals, UPC 00899039002129 because they may contain undeclared egg. People who have allergies to egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled “Vegetable Fried Rice” meals were distributed nationwide to approximately 400 retail stores.
The product, pictured below, comes in a 9 Oz rectangular cardboard carton. Affected product has an ingredient sticker on the back, as well as one of the following best-by dates stamped on the side: 10/27/19; 10/29/19; 12/04/19; 01/25/20; 01/26/20; 01/28/20
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that egg-containing product was distributed in packaging, which did not declare egg as an ingredient. This problem was a result of the manufacturer failing to remove egg from the product formula as instructed. The manufacturer continued to include egg in the formula, while applying revised ingredient labels to packaging, which did NOT call out egg.
Consumers who have purchased 9 oz cartons of “Vegetable Fried Rice” are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at (718) 499-2242. We are available to answer calls from 9am – 6pm EST.
- The Quaker Oats Company Issues Voluntary Recall of a Small Quantity of Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Distributed to Five Target Stores Due to Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Oscor Inc. Issues Recall Product Expansion of TB - Temporary Bipolar Pacing Lead (Unshrouded 2 mm Pins Models)