Voluntary Recall Issued for Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough Ice Cream that may Contain an Undeclared Peanut Allergen
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:12PM
Kemps of St. Paul, Minn., is voluntarily recalling Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough ice cream, individual pints and pint four-packs, because it may contain an undeclared peanut allergen. Individuals who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled products were initially distributed by Kemps to retailers and retailer distribution centers in Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. The products may have been further distributed by retail customers to additional states. Consumers may have purchased this product through a wholesaler, retail grocery store, or convenience store.
The affected product is packaged in pint-sized cardboard containers and labeled as Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough ice cream. Best by dates for the affected products are: 12/4/2019, 12/5/2019, 12/13/2019, 2/15/2020, and 2/16/2020, which can be found on the bottom of the pint containers.
The recall was initiated following consumer reports of an allergic reaction after consuming the product. The facility has identified corrective actions that will prevent reoccurrence.
No other products produced by Kemps or under the Sweet Me Creamery brand are affected by this recall.
Consumers can return these products to the store where they were purchased for a full refund. Anyone requiring more information is advised to call the Consumer Relations line at 1-800-726-6455 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. CST.
- Surtidoras Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Marble Muffin, Banana Muffin, and Blueberry Muffin
- Hometown Food Company Recalls Two Production LOT Codes of Pillsbury(R) Unbleached All-Purpose 5lb Flour Due to Possible Health Risk
- Fullei Fresh Recalls Organic Bean Sprouts Because of Possible Health Risk
- Sunstone Organics Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Select Kratom Products Due to Potential Contamination by Salmonella
- Asia Foods Distributor Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Nova Salted Biscuit"
- Joy Gourmet Foods LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites