Voluntary Recall Issued for Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough Ice Cream that may Contain an Undeclared Peanut Allergen
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:12PM
Kemps of St. Paul, Minn., is voluntarily recalling Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough ice cream, individual pints and pint four-packs, because it may contain an undeclared peanut allergen. Individuals who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled products were initially distributed by Kemps to retailers and retailer distribution centers in Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. The products may have been further distributed by retail customers to additional states. Consumers may have purchased this product through a wholesaler, retail grocery store, or convenience store.
The affected product is packaged in pint-sized cardboard containers and labeled as Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough ice cream. Best by dates for the affected products are: 12/4/2019, 12/5/2019, 12/13/2019, 2/15/2020, and 2/16/2020, which can be found on the bottom of the pint containers.
The recall was initiated following consumer reports of an allergic reaction after consuming the product. The facility has identified corrective actions that will prevent reoccurrence.
No other products produced by Kemps or under the Sweet Me Creamery brand are affected by this recall.
Consumers can return these products to the store where they were purchased for a full refund. Anyone requiring more information is advised to call the Consumer Relations line at 1-800-726-6455 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. CST.
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens