Voluntary Recall Issued for Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough Ice Cream that may Contain an Undeclared Peanut Allergen
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:12PM
Kemps of St. Paul, Minn., is voluntarily recalling Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough ice cream, individual pints and pint four-packs, because it may contain an undeclared peanut allergen. Individuals who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled products were initially distributed by Kemps to retailers and retailer distribution centers in Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. The products may have been further distributed by retail customers to additional states. Consumers may have purchased this product through a wholesaler, retail grocery store, or convenience store.
The affected product is packaged in pint-sized cardboard containers and labeled as Sweet Me Creamery Brookie Dough ice cream. Best by dates for the affected products are: 12/4/2019, 12/5/2019, 12/13/2019, 2/15/2020, and 2/16/2020, which can be found on the bottom of the pint containers.
The recall was initiated following consumer reports of an allergic reaction after consuming the product. The facility has identified corrective actions that will prevent reoccurrence.
No other products produced by Kemps or under the Sweet Me Creamery brand are affected by this recall.
Consumers can return these products to the store where they were purchased for a full refund. Anyone requiring more information is advised to call the Consumer Relations line at 1-800-726-6455 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. CST.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass