Ukrop's Homestyle Foods, LLC Announces Recalls Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Tue Oct 9, 2018 3:01PM
Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods LLC, Richmond, VA today announced that it is recalling an assortment of its products in reaction to the Johnston County Hams, Smithfield, NC recall of 89,000 pounds of Ham.
Johnston County Hams’ country ham was recalled due to its potential for contamination with Listeria monocytogenes; therefore, Ukrop’s made the decision that any products that contained country ham or came into contact with equipment used to process the country ham are being recalled due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The impacted products are as follows with sell-by dates from 9/7/2018 through 10/7/2018:
|Product Name||Net Weight|
|Country Ham on Petite Biscuits 8CT||NET WT 14 OZ (397g)|
|Country Ham on Petite Party Rolls 20CT||NET WT 17.7 OZ (1.11lb/502g)|
|Country Ham on White House Rolls 12CT||NET WT 23.3 OZ (1.46lb/660g)|
|Country Ham on White House Rolls 2CT||NET WT 3.9 OZ (110g)|
|Country Ham on White House Rolls 6CT||NET WT 11.6 OZ (330g)|
In addition, out of an abundance of caution, Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods is issuing a recall of the following products, with sell-by dates from 9/7/2018 through 10/7/2018, which came in contact with the same equipment:
|Product Name||Net Weight|
|Chef Salad||NET WT 12.6 OZ (357g)|
|Angus Roast Beef & Cheddar Pinwheels||NET WT 9.25 OZ (262g)|
|Black Forest Ham & Provolone Sub||NET WT 7.8 OZ (221g)|
|Black Forest Ham & Provolone Pinwheels||NET WT 9.25 OZ (262g)|
|Combo Wrap Turkey & Bacon, Chicken Caesar, Buffalo Style Chicken, & Veg||NET WT 4.8 LBS (2.17kg)|
|Cuban Style Sub||NET WT 8.3 OZ (235g)|
|Ham on Petite Party Rolls 20CT||NET WT 21.8 OZ (1.36lb/618g)|
|Ham on White House Rolls 12CT||NET WT 26.9 OZ (1.68lb/762g)|
|Honey Ham & Swiss on White House Rolls 2CT||NET WT 5.5 OZ (155g)|
|Honey Ham & Turkey on White House Rolls 4CT||NET WT 11 OZ (311g)|
|Honey Turkey & Cheddar on White House Rolls 2CT||NET WT 5.5 OZ (155g)|
|Honey Turkey & Honey Ham Pinwheel Tray||NET WT 43 OZ (2.69lb/1.22kg)|
|Italian Style Sub||NET WT 8.2 OZ (232g )|
|Italian Style Pinwheels||NET WT 8.1 OZ (229g)|
|Meat & Cheese Tray||NET WT 42.5 OZ (2.65 LB) 1.2kg|
|Roasted Turkey & Colby Jack Sub||NET WT 8.3 OZ (235g)|
|Roasted Turkey & Colby Jack Pinwheels||NET WT 9.75 OZ (276g)|
|Roasted Turkey and Bacon Wrap||NET WT 9.95 OZ (282g)|
|Roasted Turkey and Bacon Wrap 4CT Tray||NET WT 5.03 LB (2.28kg)|
|Spicy Buffalo Style Chicken Wrap||NET WT 9.6 OZ (272g)|
|Turkey & Bacon Cobb Wrap||NET WT 13.5 OZ (383g)|
|Turkey and Swiss on Croissant 3CT Tray||NET WT 19.2 OZ (1.2lb/544g)|
|Turkey Breast on White House Rolls 2CT||NET WT 4.5 OZ (127g)|
|Turkey Breast on White House Rolls 12CT||NET WT 28 OZ (1.75lb/794g)|
- The potential for contamination was discovered after Johnston County Hams, Smithfield, NC issued a recall of 89,000 pounds of ham, including country ham.
- The impacted Ukrop’s products produced at the company’s plant in Richmond, Virginia and are sold through the following retailers: Kroger in Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Tennessee, and Kentucky; Publix, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Catering by Ukrop’s, and Hudson News at RIC in Virginia only.
- There are known illnesses associated with the country ham supplied by Johnston County, Smithfield, NC.
- There are no reports of illnesses associated with Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods, LLC, Richmond, VA products.
- The affected products are only those labeled with sell-by dates from 9/7/18 through 10/7/18.
- The product names, sell-by dates, and net weights are found on the top label of the product packaging.
- Products that carry any other names, sell-by dates, or net weights are not affected by this recall.
“The safety of those who consume our products is our highest priority. As soon as we learned of the supplier recall, we immediately communicated with our retail partners so that impacted items could be removed from store shelves. We are now working to ensure that fresh products will be back in stores as soon as possible,” said Scott Aronson, President of Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods.
The company advises consumers to immediately discard any of the products listed.
Consumers with questions about the recall or the products involved in this recall may contact Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods, LLC at (804)340-3000.
Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods founded in Richmond in 2010, operates a Bakery, Kitchen, Catering, and a distribution center. www.ukropshomestylefoods.com
- The Quaker Oats Company Issues Voluntary Recall of a Small Quantity of Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Distributed to Five Target Stores Due to Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Oscor Inc. Issues Recall Product Expansion of TB - Temporary Bipolar Pacing Lead (Unshrouded 2 mm Pins Models)