Callie's Charleston Biscuits Issues Voluntary Product Recall for Country Ham Biscuits and Cocktail Ham Biscuits Produced Using Johnston County Hams
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Fri Oct 5, 2018 12:23PM
Johnston County Hams, Inc. issued a voluntary recall on October 3, 2018 for approximately 89,096 pounds of ready-to-eat ham products due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. In response, Callie's Charleston Biscuits, LLC is issuing a voluntary product recall for two products that may contain the potentially affected Johnston County Hams.
The following products are subject to recall :
Callie's Charleston Biscuits - Country Ham Biscuits UPC: 897856002001
Callie's Charleston Biscuits - Cocktail Ham Biscuits UPC: 897856002049
View Product Labels [Link)
"At the core of our business is making sure that our customers and community are receiving the best possible products. We have a plan in place that we were hoping to never use. We acted immediately with every possible precaution to ensure the safety of our customers. To our loyal retailers, we have a contingency plan in place and do not foresee any major disruptions in our service. " says founder Carrie Morey. Callie's Charleston Biscuits is not aware of any illness reports at this time related to the Callie's Charleston Biscuits voluntarily recalled products.
The product was produced and shipped between April 3, 2017 and October 3, 2018 and distributed to customers nationwide. Images of the affected labels are included with this notice for easy identification.
Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosi s, an uncommon, but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly, pregnant women and persons with human immune deficiency virus (HIV) infection or undergoing chemotherapy. Symptoms include high fever, severe headaches, neck stiffness, nausea, confusion, and convulsions.
Callie's Charleston Biscuits is concerned that some product may be frozen and in consumers' freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them . Consumers should return these products to the place of purchase or throw them away. Consumers with questions regarding the recall should contact Kevin Hackler, Callie's Charleston Biscuits Director of Legal Affairs, at 843-577-1198. For media inquiries, please contact Leapfrog PR at 843-579-0500.
- The Quaker Oats Company Issues Voluntary Recall of a Small Quantity of Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Distributed to Five Target Stores Due to Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk