Steve's Real Food Voluntarily Recalls One Lot of Turducken Recipe, One Lot of Quest Emu, and One Lot of Quest Beef Due to Possible Salmonella and L. Mono Contamination
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Sat Sep 8, 2018 3:53PM
Steve’s Real Food of Salt Lake City, Utah is voluntarily recalling one lot of 5lb Turducken Recipe, one lot of 2lb Quest Emu Diet, and one lot of 2lb Quest Beef Diet, due to their possible Salmonella and/or L. mono contamination.
Salmonella and L. mono can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products. Symptoms of infection in people include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
Pets with Salmonella and/or L. mono infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected, but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
The affected products were nationally distributed and are identified with the following UPC codes and the “Best by” date located on the front of the bag.
|Product Name/Size||LOT #||UPC||Best By Date|
|Steve’s Real Food Turducken Recipe/5#||J155||6-91730-15304-5||6/4/19|
|Quest Emu Diet/2#||B138||6-91730-17103-2||8/18/19|
|Quest Beef Diet/2#||A138||6-91730-17101-8||8/18/19|
This recall is being initiated after the firm was notified by the Washington Department of Agriculture when sample was collected and tested positive for Salmonella and/or L. mono. The firm did conduct their own test which resulted in a negative result for both Salmonella and L. mono. However, because of their commitment to overall safety and quality, Steve’s Real Food is conducting a voluntary recall of this product. Consumers should also follow the safe handling tips published on the Steve’s Real Food packaging, when disposing of the affected product.
No pet or human illnesses from this product have been reported to date.
This recall is being made with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Consumers are encouraged to check the lot code and best buy date of any 5lb frozen Turducken, 2lb Quest Emu or 2lb Quest Beef. Any product with the noted lot code and best buy dates hould be returned to the specialty retailer where product was purchased for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Steve’s Real Food at 888-526-1900, Monday – Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm MTN.
- Jacques Torres Manufacturing LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Jacques" Big Daddy Dark Chocolate Bar
- Gilda Industries, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Butter Pound Cake
- Concord Fresh Success Recall Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen
- Chukar Cherries Expands Recall Of Amaretto Rainier Ultra Dark Chocolate Cherries Pouches Due To Undeclared Milk
- Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. Recalls 6.5 oz Jars & Cans of Smoked Silver Salmon Because of Possible Health Risk
- Nature's Path Foods Recalls A Specific Production Run Of Envirokidz Choco Chimps, Gorilla Munch And Jungle Munch Cereals Due To Undeclared Gluten