Gravel Ridge Farms Recalls Cage Free Eggs Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Sat Sep 8, 2018 12:47PM
Gravel Ridge Farms is recalling Cage Free Large Eggs due to a potential contamination of Salmonella. The recall was initiated because reported illnesses were confirmed at locations using Gravel Ridge Farm Eggs, and we are voluntarily recalling out of an abundance of caution.
Salmonellais an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
On 9/6/2018 the firm was notified by FDA that the product they supplied may be contaminated with Salmonella.
Products affected are:
|Product||Size||UPC||Use By Dates|
|Gravel Ridge Farms|
Large Cage Free Eggs
|Single Dozen and 2.5 Dozen Flats||7-06970-38444-6||7/25/18 through 10/3/18|
The products were distributed between 6/25/2018 and 9/6/2018. These products were packaged in a cardboard container and sold primarily in restaurants and retail stores in AL, GA, and TN. Consumers who have purchased these products can return to store for refund or discard the product immediately. If any consumers have Gravel Ridge Farms eggs in their refrigerator, they should be discarded, regardless of the date stamped on the package. Consumers with questions may call Daniel Wright at 252-962-9124 M-F Between 8AM and 4PM Central Time.
The following retail stores carried the product:
Candler Park Market
Grant Park Market
Westview Corner Market
Sevananda Natural Foods
Piggly Wiggly Clairemont
Piggly Wiggly River Run
Piggly Wiggly Crestline
Piggly Wiggly Bluff Park
Piggly Wiggly Dunnavent Valley
Piggly Wiggly Warrior
Piggly Wiggly Homewood
Western Market Mt. Brook
Western Market Rocky Ridge
Warehouse Discount Grocery Hanceville
Warehouse Discount Grocery Cullman 2 locations
Star Market Huntsville
Manna Grocery Tuscaloosa
The company has ceased the production and distribution of the product as FDA and the company continue their investigation as to what caused the problem.
This recall is being made with the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration.
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens