Dave's Pet Food Voluntarily Recalls 95% Premium Beef Canned Dog Food Due to Potentially Elevated Levels of Thyroid Hormone
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55PM
Dave’s Pet Food of Agawam, MA is recalling a single lot of Dave’s Dog Food 95% premium beef cans because the products potentially contain elevated levels of beef thyroid hormone.
Product was distributed all along the east coast of the US, sold in pet stores and ecommerce sites.
The recalled product consists of a single batch (548 cases) of 13 oz., 95% premium beef dog food with a UPC # of 85038-11167 and a date code of 08/2020.
Dogs consuming high levels of beef thyroid hormone may exhibit symptoms such as increased thirst and urination, weight loss, increased heart rate and restlessness. These symptoms may resolve when the consumption of these levels is discontinued. However, with prolonged consumption these symptoms may increase in severity and may include vomiting, diarrhea, and rapid or labored breathing. Should these symptoms occur, we recommend pet owners contact their veterinarian immediately.
The recall was initiated after FDA informed Dave’s that one lot of product was analyzed and found to have elevated levels of thyroid hormone. FDA analyzed the product after receiving a complaint that four dogs consuming it were found to have low Free T4 (fT4) and Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH).
Consumers who have purchased the specific product listed above should stop feeding it to their dogs. If consumers have questions or would like to receive a refund or coupon for replacement product, they should call us at 1-888-763-2738 Monday through Friday, between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST.
No other Dave’s products, or any other product manufactured by Dave’s Pet Food, are impacted.
The voluntary recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Jacques Torres Manufacturing LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Jacques" Big Daddy Dark Chocolate Bar
- Gilda Industries, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Butter Pound Cake
- Concord Fresh Success Recall Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen
- Chukar Cherries Expands Recall Of Amaretto Rainier Ultra Dark Chocolate Cherries Pouches Due To Undeclared Milk
- Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. Recalls 6.5 oz Jars & Cans of Smoked Silver Salmon Because of Possible Health Risk
- Nature's Path Foods Recalls A Specific Production Run Of Envirokidz Choco Chimps, Gorilla Munch And Jungle Munch Cereals Due To Undeclared Gluten