Lorex Recalls Three Models of Video Monitors Due to Burn Hazard
Source: Consumer Recalls (CPCSC)
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:00AM
This recall involves Lorex brand video monitors models LW2751, LW2752 and LW2962H used with surveillance video systems. The video monitors are black and were sold in two sizes; 7 inch wide by 5 inches tall and 9 inches wide by 6 inches tall. The video monitors contain a blue lithium polymer battery. “LOREX” is printed on the top left of the monitor screen. The model and serial numbers are printed on the top or on the back panel of the monitors. Only monitors with the following model and serial numbers are included in the recall.
Serial Number Ranges
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled monitors and contact Lorex for instructions on receiving a full refund.
The firm has received 328 reports of the monitor battery overheating and/or expanding. No injuries have been reported.
Best Buy stores nationwide and online at www.lorextechnology.com and other websites from April 2014 through March 2017. The video monitors were sold in bundles for between $150 and $330.
RDI Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd, of China
FLIR Commercial Systems Inc., of Goleta, Calif.Report an Incident Involving this Product
- SRAM Recalls Bicycle Gear Hubs Due to Crash and Injury Hazards
- Shearwater Recalls Diving Transmitters Due to Drowning Hazard
- Crate and Barrel Recalls Holiday Milk Bottles Due To Laceration Hazard
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Recalls Turkey Fryer Due to Fire Hazard
- CVB Recalls LUCID Folding Mattress-Sofas Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard
- PurpleAir Recalls Power Supply Units for Air Sensors Due to Fire and Burn Hazards