Shearer's Foods, LLC Issues an Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Meijer Brand Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Mon Jun 4, 2018 9:44PM
Shearer’s Foods, LLC of Massillon, OH is recalling Meijer brand 9.5 ounce packages of Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips because they may contain undeclared milk. People who are allergic to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips were distributed to Meijer stores in OH, MI, IN, IL, KY, and WI from April 20, 2018 until May 29, 2018.
The product comes in a 9.5 ounce bag marked with the UPC # 719283594365 and with sell by dates on the package between 07/16/18 and 08/13/18. A total of 2,450 cases were affected. All but 177 cases of the recalled Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips were shipped to Meijer distribution centers.
The remaining cases were caught prior to shipment and are in the process of being destroyed.
The issue was discovered when the family of a consumer who suffered an allergic reaction reported the incident to Meijer. Shearer’s Foods, LLC conducted an investigation which indicated that due to human error, a product containing milk was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of milk.
Customers who purchased the recalled product from Meijer may dispose of it or return the product to its place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Shearer’s Consumer Affairs Department toll free at 1-800-428-6843 Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens
- In Association With Sunshine Mills, Lidl Voluntarily Recalls Orlando Brand Grain Free Chicken & Chickpea Superfood Recipe Dog Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D.
- Natural Life Pet Products Expands Recall of Dry Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D