Shearer's Foods, LLC Issues an Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Meijer Brand Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Mon Jun 4, 2018 9:44PM
Shearer’s Foods, LLC of Massillon, OH is recalling Meijer brand 9.5 ounce packages of Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips because they may contain undeclared milk. People who are allergic to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips were distributed to Meijer stores in OH, MI, IN, IL, KY, and WI from April 20, 2018 until May 29, 2018.
The product comes in a 9.5 ounce bag marked with the UPC # 719283594365 and with sell by dates on the package between 07/16/18 and 08/13/18. A total of 2,450 cases were affected. All but 177 cases of the recalled Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips were shipped to Meijer distribution centers.
The remaining cases were caught prior to shipment and are in the process of being destroyed.
The issue was discovered when the family of a consumer who suffered an allergic reaction reported the incident to Meijer. Shearer’s Foods, LLC conducted an investigation which indicated that due to human error, a product containing milk was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of milk.
Customers who purchased the recalled product from Meijer may dispose of it or return the product to its place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Shearer’s Consumer Affairs Department toll free at 1-800-428-6843 Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- Jacques Torres Manufacturing LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in "Jacques" Big Daddy Dark Chocolate Bar
- Gilda Industries, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Butter Pound Cake
- Concord Fresh Success Recall Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen
- Chukar Cherries Expands Recall Of Amaretto Rainier Ultra Dark Chocolate Cherries Pouches Due To Undeclared Milk
- Smoked Alaska Seafoods, Inc. Recalls 6.5 oz Jars & Cans of Smoked Silver Salmon Because of Possible Health Risk
- Nature's Path Foods Recalls A Specific Production Run Of Envirokidz Choco Chimps, Gorilla Munch And Jungle Munch Cereals Due To Undeclared Gluten