Shearer's Foods, LLC Issues an Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Meijer Brand Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Mon Jun 4, 2018 9:44PM
Shearer's Foods, LLC of Massillon, OH is recalling Meijer brand 9.5 ounce packages of Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips because they may contain undeclared milk. People who are allergic to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips were distributed to Meijer stores in OH, MI, IN, IL, KY, and WI from April 20, 2018 until May 29, 2018.
The product comes in a 9.5 ounce bag marked with the UPC # 719283594365 and with sell by dates on the package between 07/16/18 and 08/13/18. A total of 2,450 cases were affected. All but 177 cases of the recalled Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips were shipped to Meijer distribution centers.
The remaining cases were caught prior to shipment and are in the process of being destroyed.
The issue was discovered when the family of a consumer who suffered an allergic reaction reported the incident to Meijer. Shearer's Foods, LLC conducted an investigation which indicated that due to human error, a product containing milk was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of milk.
Customers who purchased the recalled product from Meijer may dispose of it or return the product to its place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Shearer's Consumer Affairs Department toll free at 1-800-428-6843 Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- Nectar Foods Inc Dba Honey Mama's Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almonds in Oregon Peppermint Cacao Nectar Bar
- Gaia Ethnobotanical, LLC., Voluntarily Recalls Kratom Products Due to Potential Salmonella Contamination
- Now Health Group Inc. Recalls Select Now Real Food(R) Zesty Sprouting Mix Because of Possible Health Risk
- Golden Star Wholesale Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Dried Apricots Sour
- Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Limited Quantity of Vegetable Trays in a Multistate Outbreak of Cyclospora Illnesses in Select Retailers in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, Because of Possible Health Risk
- Kellogg Company Voluntarily Recalls Honey Smacks Cereal Due to Possible Health Risk