Pious Lion Voluntary Recall Due to Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Tue May 29, 2018 10:47AM
Pious Lion located in Asheville, NC is voluntarily recalling two of their Kratom products: Pious Lion Pure Premium Potent Limited Release Pink Bali, 1 oz and Pious Lion Pure Premium Potent White Maeng DA, Bright Uplifting Energy, 4 oz due to the presence of Salmonella . Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis, and arthritis.
On May 15, 2018, the firm was notified by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services that the product tested positive for Salmonellaand the company stopped shipping products that day. While tests conducted on the products on behalf of Pious Lion by an independent laboratory did not reveal the presence of Salmonella out of an abundance of caution, in the interest of consumers, the company is voluntarily recalling the following products:
|Pure Premium Potent Limited Release|
|1 oz clearplastic |
|Pure Premium Potent White Maeng DA,|
Bright Uplifting Energy
|4 oz clear plastic |
No illness have been reported to date.
The products were distributed between April 9 – May 16, 2018. These products were packaged in clear plastic pouches and sold primarily directly to consumers or in retail stores located in the States of North Carolina and Tennessee.
Consumers should immediately stop using these products. Any containers used to store the kratom product should be thoroughly washed and sanitized. In order to prevent cross-contamination, consumers should wash their hands, work surfaces and utensils thoroughly after contact with these products, and not prepare any food in the area at the same time.
Please contact the company at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to return the product for replacement product or a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact at (828) 398-0570, Monday - Friday 10am -8pm EST.
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens
- In Association With Sunshine Mills, Lidl Voluntarily Recalls Orlando Brand Grain Free Chicken & Chickpea Superfood Recipe Dog Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D.
- Natural Life Pet Products Expands Recall of Dry Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D